Stun Storm rounds are large caliber, low velocity ammunition that deliver a TASER-level electrical jolt. Each round is a gel-supercapacitor and electrodes fired from a conventional firearm. The bullet may deliver a wallop, but the gel will splash without penetrating flesh.
- Damage: +2MS electrical, -2 initiative. Additional damage from a good roll is divided between MS (round up) and Init (round down). When fired from a machine gun some rounds fail or miss. On average, the number of rounds that hit is equal to the PS damage of the gun, not the bullets per burst.
- Range: 500m
- Payload: 1 charge per round.
- Limitations: Electrodes must be able to contact skin. Rounds are very expensive compared to normal bullets.
- with a burst from a light machine gun (+2PS)
- while using Weapon Familiarity (+2 stunt, +4 forceful)
- and wearing Royal Guard Armour (+4 forceful),
the hit is a +12 shift attack.
The May rolls 0, for a total of +3 with her Clever+3 bonus. Seeing the gun levelled at her, she flung her lab coat out to dissapating some of the charge. Dale gets 2 boosts to use against her. The +9 damage is divided up as +5MS and -4Init, for a total of +7MS and -6 Init.
Assuming she has PC level resilience (1|2|3|PS, 1|2|3|MS, and 2|4|6|Consequence slots) she could soak the MS by taking 3|PS and 4|Consequence "Stunned" OR she could soak the -6Init with a 6|Consequence "Severe, persistent disorientation". What she can not do is take two consequences from the same attack. She opts to take the MS and Stunned, along with a -6 to her Init. Until that penalty is removed, she is out of combat.
- He can't use them this turn because the attack hasn't resolved yet.