Data for Category:Characters stored in Special:CargoTables/CHARACTER with the Form:Character Sheet and Template:Character Sheet
[[Rebecca]] :: [[Rebecca Blackburn]]
||Ambitious Madame / Information Broker of Luna
||You fuck with me? You find out what "fucked" really means.
- Glam Or Die: I am the image and make an impression with never a stitch out of place.
- Grounded: My seed money was laundered, not clean, and the Chinese bureaucrats who 'put up venture capital' still think I owe them a pound of flesh. About once per session I get a 'polite request' to provide a favour of some kind to someone (3L Common, Inconvenient).
- I Like Being On Top: Money is nice. Influence is good. Leverage is wonderful. Fame is glorious.
- Augments are people who have altered themselves significantly from baseline for their species, or the specific alterations they have made to their bodies and minds. The most common augments are mechanical/cybernetic, neural, genetic, or chemical. Augments begin with 24R for approaches and abilities, 4R of normal Refresh, and 4L for their Unstable Augment limitation (28R/4L). They can take up to 44R/20L. This kind of min/max character is likely to be very fragile.
- Unstable Augment: Every time you alter your aspects, abilities, or resilience using augments, there is a chance that the change gets messed up. This is a 4 point limitation (uncommon, damaging) so the DC for the roll is 4. The player can use any approach to overcome this DC as long as they can justify it narratively. The final roll is /roll 4f DC-4 +Approach - as long as it is narratively justified. A failed roll adds the aspect Unstable to one of the character's augments - not necessarily the new or changed one.
- Starstruck: +2 to Flashily create an advantage over a person or a group when I’m performing for them.
- Strong Leadership: +2 to Flashily create an advantage for my team. (/roll 4f +5Flash -4DC)
- Polymath: Once per session I can draw on my experience as an actor to demonstrate basic competence in an unexpected skill or domain.
|Augmentation: Genetic and Cybernetic
- Forever Young: Cutting edge / not quite illegal anti-aging treatments provide prolonged youth and vigour. Her profoundly energetic beauty (+2 Flashy) and dramatically increased attention to detail (+2 Careful) have projected her into the upper social and economic strata of Luna Alpha and made her known to powerful people on the ground. I need occasional booster treatments to maintain my vitality (any time I roll a natural -4 for anything). Each day I go without the booster means a -1 to whichever Approach is highest - and noticeable aging. Treatment takes 8h and is billed as 'a spa day'.
- Exhale: The theatre company, including 27 performers, production, costume, sets, design, etc. Flashy+3, Clever+1. Many Hands: +2. Refresh: 1. Troubles:
- Diva: Sometimes one actor will try to outshine the others, causing friction and weakening overall performance.
- Fucking Actors: The stage manager and techs are often frustrated by the antics of the self-interested actors.
- Companions: When you work at The Office you take 'customer service' right through 'yes, and', and into new realms of satisfaction. Each of the 45 Companions is - for a little while - your best friend and best lover. They are highly trained escorts, often involving sex. Sneaky+3, Clever+3, Flashy+3. Many Hands: +3. Refresh: 2.
- Bad Mojo: Many companions have dark pasts, an sometimes traumatic memories interfere with their work.
- Prime Directive: Companions are trained to pleasure their clients, and sometimes that directive overshadows the overall tactic that Rebecca may have been aiming for.
- Just Too Good: The client or group to be affected sometimes gets too drawn in by the companion, and believes the affection to be 100% heartfelt.
- Safe and Secure: Blackburn Inc. is filled with vulnerable artists who need to feel safe and protected to do their best. Bad things don't happen on our watch - and if they do? They don't goddamn have the chance to happen twice to anyone ever again. This team of 12 provides protection and investigation as required. Forceful+3. Many Hands: +1. Refresh: 1.
- Bad Boys: Sometimes the team uses a teensie bit more force than is warranted.
- The Office: Home base for the Companions, this aetherial building would be impossible in higher gravity. A glorious complex of gardens, boudoirs, specialty rooms, and living quarters. Extended families of many Companions live here too. (Cost 1R)
- Ambassador Theatre: This amazing space can be configured to seat the capacity population of the colony for a show - but it can be rapidly set up for dozens of small, simultaneous performances. It is also the Luna Alpha conference centre. Rebecca was granted a Artist's 99 year lease at $1 a year by the Duchess Luna (paid in advance). That certainly helps the bottom line. (Cost 1R)
- Millionaire: Ready access to enough money that buying a car to throw away is no issue. Ready cash in the μB100000/B0.1 range. You have enough money to buy your way out of many of life's issues. In many cases you don't need to make a purchase: your wealth works for you to open helpful doors and seal damaging portals. In other cases a 'donation' or strategic purchase can grease the wheels. (Cost 4R)
- TALOS: The Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit (TALOS) is low-profile powered combat armour. It provides the wearer enhanced strength, endurance, and speed, with almost no encumbrance. It provides near immunity to small and medium arms and explosives. The Self Contained Hazardous Environment Protection (SCHEP) can handle 100m of water or vacuum and includes an integrated AR system. The suit consists of several layers that work together to turn a soldier into a heavily armoured mobile weapons platform.
- QAL: The Q-A Layer is worn against the skin. It consists of a Quasi-Organic External Nervous Integration Muscle suit (QOENIM) that enhances strength, speed, and endurance, and an integrated Advanced AR Haptic Suit (AARHS). The combination causes the muscles to feel and respond as if they were part of the soldier's body.
- SCHEP: The Self Contained Hazardous Environment Protection layer is sized to fit over the QAL in the TALOS platform.
- Liquid Armour Layer (LAL): This layer is pliable until an impact causes it to stiffen. This provides significant damage resistance at medium to high accelerations, in small areas (bullet impact) or large (grenade, vehicle crash).
- Power Assist: Increase strength, speed, and agility.
- +2 physical Forceful (+2 QAL) (2R)
- +2 physical Quick. (1R)
- AR Haptic Suit (Advanced): This skinsuit is sleek enough to be worn under normal clothes and may not be noticed until the head is enveloped. It provides full-body touch and force feedback sensation to the wearer. It is worn by the user, allowing the wearer to interact with the real world and virtual world. Advanced AR suits are expensive, requiring some wealth or serious savings, like a luxury car. Made of artificial muscles, sensors, and haptic sensation generators, advanced models can handle eating, excretion and sex. They can be worn for 24h without side effects. It can isolate a person into a full VR environment with audio, visual, and haptic experiences. +1 to actions in AR and VR. -1 Hacking and Metamancy. (Cost 2R)
- Weapon Platform: Hardpoints all over. Backpack is an armour plated module carrying 80L.
- Sensor Suite: A wide range of active and passive sensors tied into the AARHS. (6R)
- Enhanced Vision: +2 to Quickly see something tiny, obscured, subtle, or distant with my amazingly sharp sight - even in dim light. (Overcome)
- Enhanced Hearing: +2 to Quickly or Carefully hear something quiet with my amazingly sharp ears - even in noisy environments. (Overcome)
- Enhanced Kinesthetics: +2 to Quickly or Sneakily move with amazing precision because of my amazing body awareness balance, and sensitive sense of touch. (Overcome)
- +2DR vs Extreme Temperatures (2R)
- +3DR vs Kinetic Attacks (not orbital velocities) from LAL (2R)
- +2DR vs Explosives up to big chemical from LAL (1R)
- +1DR vs Radiation and EMP (1R)
- Slow To Suit Up: Suit up is 15 minutes for experienced operators with full Space Engineering Technician support teams. Roll Quick for the SET and the operator. Subtract the worst score from the # minutes (e.g., if they roll -1 and +3, the total time to suit up is 15-(-1) = 15+1 = 16min). Corners can be cut to lower the time to suit up. For each minute trimmed from the base time this way, the operator takes a Consequence related to the skipped step. (e.g., skipping the scrub-and-stick for the QAL might save 2min and adds a 2 point Consequence, "Tactile responses dulled and slowed."). (6L Common, Damaging)
- Painstaking Calibration: The QAL must be properly configured to each individual user. This can be done from scratch in many hours (roll Quick vs DC8 to see how many hours), or with the addition of the person's phone under 2h. Any attempt to use an uncalibrated QAL acts like an attack roll against the operator each round (forceful (+3) or quickly (+2) rend and batter the body inside me (3L Rare, Fatal)
- Locked Up: On a critical hit to the (4 or more damage dealt in one blow) the LAL may freeze up for an extended period as the active systems are overwhelmed. Even if the physical stress is soaked, an additional 4 point consequence is taken: Freeze Up: Some or all of the armour solidifies, preventing the operator for taking an action. (4L Uncommon, Damaging).
- Trade Offs:
- Only when worn (3L): The benefits and weaknesses of this armour are lost when it is recharging or not worn. (Common, Inconvenient).
- Very Expensive: Each suit costs millions to build, operate, and maintain. (6L)
- Expert Support Team: Each suit requires a large team of highly trained SETs to maintain operational readiness and make repairs. These teams are expensive to train, expensive, and staff retention can be hard. The number of TALOS soldiers deployed is severely limited by the availability of support teams. (8L Common, Damaging)
Looks like she is in her mid 20s but is actually in her late 40s. Always dresses to the nines - trying to impress and command attention. Short ruby red hair, medium height (in heels), and slim. A classic knockout.
Rebecca was a minor TV celebrity, but after those 15 minutes, the work dried up and her marriage ended. She looked for more opportunities on Luna and found them. She took over management of their theatre company, and then found herself playing madam to the people plying the sex trade on Luna; more to improve those conditions than to exploit it for profit. Her brothel is called "Inara's" and she refers to her workers as companions. The theatre has proven to be a money sink, which prompted Rebecca to connect with less savoury contacts back on earth and help smuggle information in peoples' DNA. She is hoping to make inroads with the new park / Luna Beta. Good opportunity for all of her lines of business.
- ↑ 4R accounted in Approaches
|Date ||Description |
|Date ||Description |
|2034-02-28 2300LT The Returning Heroes ||Syd and Dex refused to leave the Warren with the others. Their deep infiltration into the social network of the Warren had them very cofident that they cuold dive deep into the details of the enemy operations while maintaining an airtight cover. Over the next ten hours they came to r |
|2034-02-28 1800LT A Visit To The Jade Rabbit Warren ||Rebecca braced herself for the increasing gravity as the APC was pushed down the linear accelerator. The last time she's ridden one was a few years ago, and it had been unpleasant, to say the least.
"This launch will be a civilian Gs, ma'am," Dale said. "You will feel it, but it won't even be u |
|2034-02-28 1300LT Kevin Is Impressed ||Kevin couldn't remember the last time he's had this much fun. TALOS was 100% fucking awesome.
"Listen Corporal," he said, cutting off the large man with a sharp gesture. "This isn't my first ride. I know you have a schedule to keep. Right now? It waits." He pointed his heavily armoured arm |
|2034-02-28 1115LT Suit Up ||Corporal Lisa Sinclair introduced herself to Rebecca as "the 'SET' who will get you suited up." As a veteran of costumes and costume changes, Rebecca didn't bat an eye when step one was to get naked. As a madam she kept her composure when the next step was a |
|2034-02-28 1100LT Signs Point To China ||Seismologists from Boeing quickly determined that there is a large tunnel leading out of the base. It terminates under the South East corner of the Al/O2 plant. It goes South. The only other structure on the moon is the Chinese base at the South Pole.
Kevin racked his mind for where |
|2034-02-28 0920LT Emergency Community Support ||About 100 people donned EVA Work Suits or Civilian Armour and rushed to the scene. There were few serious injuries. Heat and radiation burns were most common, along with lace problems from the EMP. Dex and Syd were both a bit addled by the magnetic field used to contain the plasma. [ |
|2034-02-28 0915LT GTFO it's gonna blow ||The plasma weapon that fired off emanated from below the house. It blasted a hole upwards into the roof at the edge of the biodome, excavating almost 100m of concrete and rock. The top of the biodome is over 500m down, so the chance of loss of pressure was remote. Still, emergency procedures were tr |
|2034-02-27 0800LT Called in for questioning ||Author’s Note: These narratives are mostly character development, not finished narratives for the books.
“Good morning, Mr. Willam,” Dale said. The faceplate on his armour was fully transparent to the well dressed man sitting across from him in the interrogation |
|2034-02-26 1530LT I just breathed human remains ||Earlier, Mycroft informed Syd that Brian and Phil were both missing for over an hour, but that he was not allowed to investigate their disappearance until they were off the network for three hours. That would be 1700LT.
Syd asked Kevin to help figure out why the Vault was full of gr |
|2034-02-26 1000LT Spearfishing ||A melodious tone drew Rebecca’s attention to her left. Shauna’s AR projection was standing two metres away, seamlessly integrated into the environment at Umbra. She was panicking while she waited for Rebecca to answer. Rebecca could understand that: Shauna appeared to be covered |
|2034-02-26 0930LT After Breakfast Realizations ||The three of them compare notes on the events of the past night.
Rebecca raises the concern that Dexter "saw through Syd's disguise" and then asked probing questions about what was going on. She believes she got him to back off.
Kevin is not so sure. He thinks Dexter must be a spy, planted at Umbr
|2034-02-26 0900LT Breakfast planning ||Kevin woke from a surprisingly good night's sleep. The bed was large and just the right firmness. The covers were heavy enough to feel like a hug, and the air was perfectly cool. He completed his morning ablutions quickly. His AR informed him that Rebecca was on her way to a large, buffet style |
|2034-02-25 1730LT This is how you stealth ||“Follow me,” Syd said, still wearing Kevin’s form. His lace picked up his desire to go to the big private room, and taking partial control of his body, started walking to the passageway through the aquarium. They were all still in the privacy field, so they couldn’t see anything around them. |
|2034-02-25 1710LT Containment is Attempted ||“I don’t get it,” Syd said. The lace-enforced calm left his voice flat. “What’s the problem with Kevin Cahn knowing Rebecca Blackburn?”
Kevin noted Syd’s unnatural stillness, and his alert but emotionless expression. It was creepy. He considered how much to tell them about his h |
|2034-02-25 1700LT What are YOU doing here ||Rebecca saw Shauna sitting on a bench as she approached Umbra. Aun hopped up as she pushed her bike into a rack, and air kissed her boss on both sides. “It’s been a while since you had a double-Umbra day, isn’t it?” Her voice was low and rich, somewhat at odds with her short lean fra |
|2034-02-25 1500LT Rebecca has a concern ||Rebecca carefully concealed her anxiety and anger as she pedalled lightly down the broad, open-air cobbled road beside the Henry River. She was on her way to Syd’s bar, Umbra, from her bordello in the South side entertainment district, not far from her theatre complex. Riding in one |
Data for Category:Characters stored in Special:CargoTables/CHARACTER with the Form:Character Sheet and Template:Character Sheet