Machine Gun (Medium)
Machine Guns are capable of fully automatic or burst-fire, and rely on high rates of fire and low recoil to cause damage. Sustained ROF: 1 burst attack per turn. Often mounted on bipods or tripods, medium machine guns allow a two-man team to provide the same firepower as 4 men with rifles. Machine guns are often employed in pairs, called "talking the guns" to ensure that at any given moment there can be rounds impacting the target. Machine guns are generally used for suppressing a target by fire, engaging large groups, or attacking light-skinned vehicles. Examples include the HK46, LSAT, and old favorites like the M60. All medium machine guns have share these aspects:
- Damage: +3PS per burst attack
- Ammuntion Options: up to AP3
- Range: 1000m
- Reload: 1 action, after 5 to 100 bursts.
- Magazine: 100 to 1000 rounds
- Burst size: 10-20 rounds
- Cyclic ROF: 10 to 20RPS (1 attack per turn)
- Hold the trigger down modifies an attack so the attacker can use their reactions to continue attacking. This continuous, uninterrupted action can span many seconds in a 15s turn. Taking any other reaction - including defending yourself from an attack - ends this reaction. Imagine sweeping a flamethrower across a crowd of targets.
- AoE: Arc up to 30° per attack. Divide damage evenly among targets. Each reaction used to hold the trigger down can shift the attack by 30° in any direction.