Create a Character
tl;dr Character Creation Process
- Create a High Concept.
- Create a Trouble.
- Create another Aspect.
- Name your character and describe their appearance and backstory.
- Choose their Approach.
- Choose a Stunt.
- Relevant and modified Rules (based on Fate Accelerated Edition (FAE)),
- How we build the world together,
- The four types of characters, and
- The technologies you need to play the game live and by text.
In Fate systems, your character is a co-created with the other players and the person running the game and responsible for ensuring continuity of the narrative (the Gamerunner or 'GR'). In the Discovered Universe all characters start off human and alive and within our solar system. Other that that you can go fairly wild, choosing any kind of culture, religion, race, age, language, etc.
Character creation is a quick, creative, collaborative, and iterative journey. Expect to tweak your aspects and characteristics before the game begins, as you discuss your ideas with the GM and other players.